Microbiology, Medical Education, General Practice,
Prof. Dr. Tamer Edirne is the director of the Family Medicine Department in Pamukkale University, Medical School, Denizli, Turkey. He is involved in under- and postgraduate medical education, research and clinical practice. He received his medical degree from Gazi University, Ankara, and completed his family medicine residency at the Research and Education Hospital in İzmir.
Prof. Dr. Tamer Edirne is head of the family medicine residency program at his medical school as full time Professor and his lectures contain several topics about family practice philosophy, primary care research basics and patient- centered primary care. His research has included papers, abstracts and book chapters concerning family medicine, domestic violence, complementary and alternative medicine, infectious diseases and adolescent motherhood.
He is serving as an editorial member of African Journal of Microbiology Research and as expert reviewer for journals like Family Medicine, International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics, BMC Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, International Journal of Nursing Practice, International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology and International Journal of Educational Research and Reviews.
Prof. Dr. Tamer Edirne is a member to medical associations like Turkish Medical Association, Turkish Family Medicine Association, WONCA Europe, EGPRN and EURACT.
1. Edirne T, Ersoy F, Yaman H. Mother Health in Turkey. Middle East Journal of Family Medicine 2004;2(2).
2. Kolusari A, Kurdoglu M, Yildizhan R, Adali E, Edirne T, Cebi A, Demir H, Yoruk IH. Catalase Activity, Serum Trace Element and Heavy Metal Concentrations, and Vitamin A, D and E Levels in Pre-eclampsia. The Journal of International Medical Research 2008; 36:1335-41.
3. Adalı E, Yildizhan R, Kurdoglu M, Kolusari A, Edirne T, Sahin HG, Yildizhan B, Kamaci M. The Relationship between Clinico-biochemical Characteristics and Psychiatric Distress in Young Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. The Journal of International Medical Research 2008; 36:1188-96.
4. Kolusari A, Adali E, Kurdoğlu M, Yildizhan R, Cebi A, Edirne T, Demir H, Yoruk IH. Catalase Activity, Serum Trace Element and Heavy Metal Concentrations, and Vitamin A, D and E Levels in hydatidiform mole. Clinical Experimental Obstetrics & Gynecology 2009; 36(2): 102-4.
5. Edirne T, Kusaslan Avci, Atmaca B, Aslan M. Knowledge and anticipated attitudes of the community about bird flu outbreak in Turkey, 2007-2008; a survey-based descriptive study. International Journal of Public Health, 2010 (March 9). doi: 10.1007/s00038-010-0131-x.
6. Melek M, Edirne Y, Edirne T, Etensel B, Karaca I, Aktas S, Kirkali G, Demir H. Parameters of some Biochemistry on Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in Newborn Rat Intestine. Asian Journal of Chemistry 2010;22(2):1569-76.
7. Edirne T, Gunher AS, Gucuk S, Yildizhan R, Kolusari A, Adali E, Can M. Use of complementary and alternative medicines for fertility enhancement by a sample of Turkish women: a descriptive study. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2010;10:11 doi:10.1186/1472-6882-10-11
8. Edirne T, Can M, Kolusari A, Yildizhan R, Adali E, Akdag B. Trends, characteristics and outcomes of adolescent pregnancy in eastern Turkey. International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2010;110(2):105-108. doi:10.1016/j.ijgo.2010.03.012
9. Can M, Edirne T. Beliefs and attitudes of final-year nursing students on honour crimes: a cross-sectional study. Journal of Psychiatric Mental Health and Nursing, 2011 Oct;18(8):736-43.
10. Weltermann BM, Gerasimovska-Kitanovska B, Thielmann A, Chambe J, Lingner H, Pirrotta E, Buczkowski K, Tekiner S, Czachowski S, Edirne T, Zielinski A, Yikilkan H, Koskela T, Petrazzuoli F, Hoffman RD, Petek Šter M, Guede Fernández C, Uludağ A, Hoffmann K, Mevsim V, Kreitmayer Pestic S. Self-care practices for common colds by primary care patients: study protocol of a European multicenter survey - The COCO Study. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2015.
11. Thielmann A, Gerasimovska-Kitanovska B, Buczkowski K, Koskela TH, Mevsim V, Czachowski S, Petrazzuoli F, Petek-Šter M, Lingner H, Hoffman RD, Tekiner S, Chambe J, Edirne T, Hoffmann K, Pirrotta E, Uludağ A, Yikilkan H, Kreitmayer Pestic S, Zielinski A, Guede Fernández C, Weltermann B. Self-care for common colds by primary care patients: A European multicenter survey on the prevalence and patterns of practices – The COCO Study. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2016.
12. Edirne T, Kutlu M, Özhan B. Perceptions of second year medical students regarding ageing and geriatric education: A qualitative study. Turkish Journal of Geriatrics, 2016;19(2): 122-7.
13. Bir F, Çeliker D, Evyapan FB, Yaren A, Edirne T. New immunohistochemical markers in the differential diagnosis of nonsmall cell lung carcinoma. Turkish journal of Medical Sciences, 2016.
14. Emre N, Topal K, Edirne T, Gereklioğlu Ç. Factors affecting risk of anxiety and depression among diabetic and hypertensive patients who refer to family health centers. Int J Diabetes Dev Ctries (2018) 38:305–311. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13410-017-0592-z
15. Catak A, Ozsahin O, Edirne T. Intimate partner violence management and referral practices of primary care workers in a selected population in Turkey. Primary Health Care Research and Developement 2019;20;e96. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1463423619000288